April 11, 2017
TOMS RIVER - The Ocean County Library will host a series of Master Gardener programs during April and May at four branches. Master Gardeners, trained and certified by the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Ocean County, will give horticultural information and gardening tips at the following branches:
- Toms River Branch, 101 Washington St., 732-349-6200, Rutgers Master Gardeners of Ocean County: Swing into Spring, Wednesday, April 19, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. Enjoy a display of spring flowers, receive information on summer insects, and the services offered at the Rutgers Cooperative Extension Center.
- Stafford Branch, 129 N. Main St., 609-597-3381, Bring in your dying or diseased clippings for diagnosis. Master Gardeners will be available to answer questions before and after the discussion for the following programs:
- Shrubs of Ocean County, Monday, April 24, 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Container Flower Gardening, Monday, May 8, 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Landscaping Your Yard, Monday, May 22, 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Waretown Branch, 112 Main St., 609-693-5133, Growing Vegetables in Containers, Wednesday, May 10, 2 p.m. A class on how to cultivate vegetables inside of containers.
- Pt. Pleasant Beach Branch, 710 McLean Ave., 732-892-4575, Master Gardeners: Seashore Gardening, Saturday, May 13, 11 a.m. Master Gardeners will address what plants can be grown successfully in sandy, windy and salty beach environments.
These programs are free and open to the public, but registration is required. To register call the branches or visit www.theoceancountylibrary.org and click “Calendar of Events."