March 06, 2017
JACKSON - The Ocean County Library will offer educational programs about Alzheimer’s disease at nine branches throughout the year beginning March 2017. The programs provide insight on why people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia experience behavioral changes. You will learn what those behaviors mean and how to cope when behaviors are challenging.
The programs are sponsored by Alzheimer’s New Jersey.
The Alzheimer’s programs will be offered at the following locations:
- Jackson Branch, 2 Jackson Drive, 732-928-4400, Coping with Behavior Changes in Alzheimer’s Disease, Wed. March 22, 10:30 a.m. This presentation coincides with the Alzheimer's New Jersey Family Support Group which meets at the Jackson Branch at 10 a.m. on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.
- Plumsted Branch, 119 Evergreen Rd., 609-758-7888, Alzheimer’s 101, Wed. March 22, 1:30 p.m. and Communication Tips or Coping with Caregiver Stress or Visiting the Person with Alzheimer’s Disease, Wed. July 12, 1:30 p.m.
- Waretown Branch, 112 Main St., 609-693-5133, Healthy Aging, Tues. April 11, 11 a.m. and Caregiver Stress, Thur. September 14, 11 a.m.
- Upper Shores Branch, 112 Jersey City Ave., 732-793-3996, Alzheimer’s 101, Tues. April 11, 3 p.m.
- Tuckerton Branch, 380 Bay Ave., 609-296-1470, Understanding Memory Loss, Wed. May 10, 2 p.m.
- Point Pleasant Borough Branch, 834 Beaver Dam Rd., 732-295-1555, Alzheimer’s 101, Tues. May 16, 2:30 p.m.
- Manchester Branch, 21 Colonial Dr., 732-657-7600, Alzheimer’s 101, Mon. June 5, 2 p.m. and Communication Tips or Coping with Caregiver Stress, Mon. June 26, 2 p.m.
- Island Heights Branch, Summit and Central Ave., 732-270-6266, Healthy Aging, Tues. June 20, 3 p.m.
- Beachwood Branch, 126 Beachwood Blvd., 732-244-4573, Healthy Aging, Mon. Sept. 18, 7 p.m.
The program is free and open to the public, but registration is required. To register call the branches or visit www.theoceancountylibrary.org and click on “Calendar of Events.”